UKC

The best indoor wall in Bristol

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 07 Jan 2013
I'm house hunting in Bristol, and keen to cycle more than use the car, so want to work out where I'll be climbing. So with all the bias you can muster - where should I go to climb? As I'm only going to pay membership at one place.

I want somewhere I can lead climb and boulder.
 Cheese Monkey 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Oo: In exactly the same boat right now. UCR is it I think?
 lazzaw 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Cheese Monkey: I you want lead climbing then UCR is the only choice at the moment. They have topropes, lead and bouldering. Redpoint are opening a new wall soon which should have the same so worth waiting to see what it is like before making a choice

If bouldering is your thing then TCA is fab.
 Monk 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Oo:

Both the current Bristol walls are within a mile of each other, so location shouldn't really be an issue. Plus, they both have very cheap memberships compared to most places (isn't UCR £1?). UCR is the only one for roped climbing, but TCA is great for bouldering.

The one confounding factor is the new wall that is due to open somewhere in the south of the city in the near future (Bedminster?), but obviously no-one can comment on that yet.
 sianabanana 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Oo:

If you are in to bouldering then TCA for sure. - (bouldering only)

If you are in to leading then UCR at the moment. (leading, top ropes, and limited bouldering)

The new wall, redpoint is due to open soon but no fixed date as yet, but they have a facebook page where you can keep an eye out.

sianabanana 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Monk:

I assume when he says membership he means annual membership rather than pay as you go.

The £1 you talk about (and i think its about £10 in tca) is to register, you still have to pay the £7.50/8.00 to climb .
 Monk 08 Jan 2013
In reply to sianabanana:

Ah, I see what he means. Ignore my previous point then! Still, both walls are pretty close to each other, so it shouldn't make a huge difference.
 tombeasley 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Oo: If you want to climb and boulder only URC but agree with the other TCA is great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...