UKC

Training Apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 29 Jul 2018

So what training apps have you used?

What do you use them for? Training plans, Specific sessions (fingerboard), Logging your training, anything else?

Pros and Cons of those you have used?

jezb1 29 Jul 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

BeastMaker app for finger boarding. Simple, does what it says. Be nice if the countdown kept counting when you leave the app to answer a message etc.

Crimpd, loads of potential. Modern app, loads of work outs, explained well, able to log the work outs if that’s your thing.

I take it we can look forward to yours soon?!

Post edited at 11:48
OP Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 29 Jul 2018
In reply to jezb1:

I made one ages ago Jez! http://icoachclimbing.com was mainly aimed at logging sessions and using performance profiling. Was more a web app although lots of the features are not running anymore and looks a mess ATM. I Could never be bothered to spend time on it because it was not there to make money. Was thinking of killing it off. I am going to review a few for my column though.

Formalis 02 Aug 2018
In reply to Mark Reeves:

I usually just use my Garmin 235 to log the time + heart rate for example.
I suppose that you could could program timed exercises, to keep you notified of what you should be doing.

After that, I upload the data to the Garmin Connect app + it gets transferred over to Strava.
You can log it as "Rock Climbing" and add notes, but nothing really in-depth as far as climbing goes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...