UKC

West View Climbing Wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jonathan Haine 25 Aug 2020

I've just read on the Lancashire Evening Post website that West View Leisure Centre is not to reopen. I'm not surprised as there has been little or no investment in the climbing wall since the City Council passed management of the site to Better which is a shame as it was a good and popular facility in its day. Seems to be a good business opportunity in Preston area for a new leading wall?

petegunn 25 Aug 2020
In reply to Jonathan Haine:

GLL decided to close our small but popular wall in Carlisle whilst they were keen to put in 2 new swimming pools of which there already several in town!

I don't think they, as a company have even opened up their walls yet! The Penrith wall is still closed.

GLL have also closed other walls in other towns/ cities so there must be something they don't like, strange when it's hugely popular, would have been in this year's Olympic's, and good for both health and mental health. Better Leisure  - I don't think so!

The rumours I have heard regarding West View is that the gym will take over where the wall is. 😢

Edit: just read that's it's the whole centre to stay closed 😭

Post edited at 20:35
 mp3ferret 26 Aug 2020

Thats a shame - I used to go there in the early 90's when I was at uni.  Although no doubt it had changed a lot since then.

Lord_ash2000 27 Aug 2020

That's sad to hear. West view was a good wall and I used to climb there a lot back when I lived in Blackpool. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...