UKC

Woody Plans - Is it big enough?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Due to trying to keep away from rock at the moment, and getting a bit bored of finger boarding, I was thinking of building a woody in my garage. I have figured out sizing and with a compromise with my other half, would be able to build a 7' x 12' at about 45-50 degrees. I need to take 1' off the panels width otherwise the side entrance to the garage would be blocked (I was OK with this, but OH was not for some reason!)

I know the length is fine, but is this wide enough to be of any use for training?

I am 6', with a +2 Ape Index if this makes any difference.

Lemony 15 May 2020
In reply to Darren.Valentine:

My wall is almost exactly those dimensions (184x368cm IIRC) but at 30deg and I get a lot of training benefit from it. I'm about 6 foot but I do have t-rex arms...

Post edited at 08:57
 Rob Laird 15 May 2020

My wall is smaller (45 degrees, approx 2.4m x 3.2m) and I find it useful. It took a bit of time a creativity to make problems longer than 3-4 moves, but now I love it.

Lemony 15 May 2020
In reply to Lemony:

For some reason I misread 7ft as 6ft so my board is even smaller and still useful/fun.

joem 15 May 2020

My boards only 2m*2.4m and I find it useful and more importantly fun. I'm a short arse though so not sure how much difference that makes. I'd go for the owts better than nowt approach at the moment. go for it!!

Si dH 15 May 2020

I think that'd be a decent board.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...