UKC

Wrist Injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Crag Pony 13 Aug 2013
Whilst pulling on a sloper with an open grip there was a clunk in my wrist, at the back. It feels uncomfortable at times, not that painfull, more of as sting in the finger tendons in the back of the hand and fore arm. I m icing and have a neoprene wrap on it, and anti inflamatories. Any other ideas and excercises to strengthen up when recovered. Ta
Simos 25 Aug 2013
In reply to Crag Pony:

Did you see anyone (eg sports physio etc) to diagnose it? I am no expert but sounds like you are doing the right thing. A (wrong) neoprene wrap cost me an op years ago as it was the wrong position and the ligaments that were torn healed stretched so maybe see someone to make sure you are using the right thing if you are not 100%...

Worth seeing a physio too for rehab routine, I stupidly never rehab properly and end up never getting rid of some injuries 100%....
jojowood 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Crag Pony:
I've just done exactly the same thing!!
How did you get on with recovery? Did you see a physio in the end?
Hope you're well!
Cheers, Jo
 Ava Adore 04 Sep 2013
In reply to Crag Pony:

A&E nurse told me that compression bandages and home-adminstered splints can cause all sorts of healing issues because they are "held" in the wrong place.
needvert 04 Sep 2013
Having recently gotten delayed waiting most of a year for something to heal that couldn't without surgery, I tend to take the time is valuable approach and turn up to the sports physio when I get injured rather than trying to treat it myself and only going after that fails.

I suspect they'd advocate wrist and finger strengthening exercises. For most things treatment seems to be some combination of strength building exercises, and/or stretching. My wrist is a bit damaged at the moment around the TFCC, exercises given were primarly stress ball squeezing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...