UKC

Yikes! Vaccine passports at climbing walls!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rmb1 26 May 2021
This OP contains unsubstantiated information and may well be completely untrue

Heads up from my mate Dave, who works at the Home Office.......apparently new legislation is being rushed through to make vaccine passports obligatory at all indoor sporting facilities including gyms and climbing walls!

This is fantastic news for keeping the conscientious majority safe and a long overdue kick up the ar*e for a moronic few

Luke90 26 May 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

Not entirely sure that those too young to have had a chance at getting vaccinated yet should be classed as moronic.

In reply to Rmb1:

Seems fairly pointless to have vaccine passports when vaccine uptake is 90%+ in the age groups who have been offered it.   Might as well ask 'how old are you'.

elliot.baker 26 May 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

3/10 - "my Mate Dave" gave it away.

will_mcmahon 26 May 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

I can't wait for the student population of Sheffield to be barred from the walls because of not being offered the vaccine yet! 

guffers_hump 26 May 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

Will these "Vaccine Passports" also include doing a test to check that you are covid free.

I do know that these are not 100%. But I can't get a vaccine yet so if its just a vaccine I can't go to the gym for a good while.

Post edited at 09:46
 TomD89 26 May 2021
In reply to Rmb1:

Solid troll, had me halfway through a rage reply but thankfully realised before finishing it.

Post edited at 09:51
 Iamgregp 26 May 2021
In reply to Luke90:

Even if the OP is a troll, it's worth noting that the Government has repeatedly confirmed that vaccine passports, and any restrictions on people who have not been vaccinated, would only come into effect once the entire adult population had been offered vaccines.

Nobody is going to be prevented from doing anything because they're too young to have had the jab yet, let's not all get worked up.

Post edited at 10:44
 Cobra_Head 26 May 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

> ....., let's not all get worked up.

where's the fun in that?

to the OP 2/10, far too obvious.

Iamgregp 26 May 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

You've got a point to be fair, it's been ages since I've had a right old ding dong on here.

Might start a thread about which belay device is best...  

ianstevens 26 May 2021
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

Perfect, far too many strong youth about so this policy should help neuter this

Cobra_Head 26 May 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

> You've got a point to be fair, it's been ages since I've had a right old ding dong on here.

> Might start a thread about which belay device is best...  

Chalk is always a good one or "why I prefer a bowline".

Iamgregp 26 May 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Everyone loves a classic....

HammondR 27 May 2021
In reply to Iamgregp:

Sticht plate with a spring...

Andy Gamisou 29 May 2021
In reply to HammondR:

> Sticht plate with a spring...

I've never understood the point of the spring.  A couple of years ago I acquired one after a visit to a local crag(*), and tried it out to see if my 30 year antipathy towards it was justified.  It was.  Spring just got in the way.  Back to my trusty plain no bells and whistles one.  Damn this fancy modern rubbish.

(*) - crag swag.  Actually managed to locate and contact owner (courtesy of UKC logbooks), who didn't want it returned due to him being 2000+ miles away.

HammondR 29 May 2021
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Modern and fancy maybe, but rubbish? I think not.

Full disclosure; I have never actually owned one with the spring. When me and my chum started out 35 years ago he bought the one with the spring and I bought the DMM bettabrake (Alan Austin's having no more left with springs - ever). In the odd situation when I had occasion to use his device it always seemed to run smoother than my more simple one.

I always felt that I was missing out.

Dr.S at work 29 May 2021
In reply to HammondR:

> Sticht plate with a spring...

What’s wrong with a munter?

Iamgregp 02 Jun 2021
In reply to Dr.S at work:

What’s wrong with your waist?

Andy Gamisou 03 Jun 2021
In reply to HammondR:

> Modern and fancy maybe, but rubbish? I think not.

> Full disclosure; I have never actually owned one with the spring. 

How'd you know they aren't rubbish then?

fred99 03 Jun 2021
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

> How'd you know they aren't rubbish then?

If he doesn't know they're rubbish then I do.

The damn spring always managed to catch in just about everything. Once I took it off it was much easier.

Still have the spring (plus clip and screw) though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...