UKC

2016/17 summary video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pina 05 Apr 2017
Following what could definitely be considered as a poor winter, I've put together a short video of some of the routes we did this winter.

youtube.com/watch?v=ERUflNMPUHc&

P.s. Not included in the video is the hours spent looking blankly at bleak weather forecasts and going for wet hill walks.
 TobyA 05 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

The footage from North Wall Traverse, is it the traverse out of Sesame Groove, rather than the traverse itself? I remember those moves being thin to say the least.
OP Pina 05 Apr 2017
In reply to TobyA:

Maybe you took it lower? The guide describes it as thin low and scary high.
 TobyA 05 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

It must be 20 years since I did it so I don't remember exactly - I don't remember it feeling scary, so maybe I did do it lower with runner at the top of the groove to protect? Huge placcy boots and straight shafted Pulsars, so of course it was way harder back then anyway.
In reply to Pina:
I enjoyed that. What's the red stuff on the Nomics, some sort of shrink wrap, looks very neat?

Stuart
Post edited at 01:06
 Michael Gordon 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

> Maybe you took it lower? The guide describes it as thin low and scary high.

The strange thing is I remember thinking the guide was wrong. I recall you could do a bold traverse lower down or go up to gear higher up and then across.
OP Pina 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Stuart the postie:

Plasti dip. I played around with various coatings this year, moving away from the self amalgamating tape and found it to be the best solution. It helps a lot if you pre wrap the shafts with white sports tape so it has something to soak into. Also get the can version rather than the spray.
OP Pina 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Can't comment on the lower traverse but higher was fine as there's gear there. It's just a bit balancy which is maybe what the guide refers to? Either way, it's a reasonably sporting move for tech 5.
 Michael Gordon 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

Thought I'd remembered that right. So the guide has it the wrong way round.
 French Erick 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

Encapsulates well the feel of winter climbing in Scotland. You managed a few good days out...nowt to be ashamed of considering the fleeting nature of the many short winters we had from November to now. Good on you!
 James_Kendal 06 Apr 2017
In reply to Pina:

Nice video!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...