UKC

about ice axe's take off hammer or shovel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
durgun_oguz 17 Dec 2018

Hi, I recently bought Grivel north machine carbon and I will go ice climb. I want to remove shove(hammer) from axe but I can't its to strong and I give up. How can I do it please help?

beardy mike 17 Dec 2018
In reply to durgun_oguz:

You mean you can't undo the bolts?

In reply to durgun_oguz:

You should be able to remove the hammer and adze with an allen key - Did the axes not come with one when you bought them? 

Also make sure you're not actually tightening the bolts up. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. 

durgun_oguz 17 Dec 2018
In reply to beardy mike:

yes that's it

starbug 17 Dec 2018
In reply to durgun_oguz:

The Grivel North Machine has two (four if you include Mixed) types of pick. The ice blade pick

does not have the attachedment for the Adze and Hammer and the Ice blade Plus which does have the attachement for the Adze and Hammer.

If you are asking about removing the adze and hammer then assuming you have the "plus" pick you simply remove the two small bolts attaching them with an allen key and a socket or spanner on the bolt. 

If you do this you will still have the piece of the blade on the back of the axe head that they attach to this cannot be removed as it is an integrale part of the pick.

So you if you do not want any attachements the best way would be to buy the ice pick that does not feature the spur for the attachements and either sell the others or keep them as spares.

durgun_oguz 18 Dec 2018
In reply to starbug:

hmm then I need good quality Allen key and spanner

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...