UKC

Accident in Glencoe today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Only a hill 12 Dec 2009
In reply to Fredt:
Damn, that's terrible news. I noticed some flashing lights when we were on our way down from Coire nan Lochan.
 Jamie B 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Fredt:

That area is lethal; there have been several fatalities in recent years.
In reply to Fredt:

Anyone have any further information on this yet? Can't find more detail than linked to above.
 Bonesaw 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Fredt:
just read the telegraph article, what a sad turn of events for everyone concerned.
our thoughts go out to the family and friends of the climber
 Erik B 13 Dec 2009
In reply to drmarten: man that is a real tragedy, thoughts with victims family and friends
 Lawman 13 Dec 2009
In reply to Fredt:

Tragic - a real shame that someone has to die in this manner. My thoughts are with the family and friends of all involved at this most terrible time.

Rich
 Only a hill 13 Dec 2009
In reply to drmarten:
At least two more rescues in Glen Coe today. Coire nan Lochan was utterly crawling.
In reply to Only a hill:

Yes, something was going on when we passed through about 5ish tonight. Do you have any idea what was happening?

SDB
 Only a hill 13 Dec 2009
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls:
Apparently (second hand info) there was a rescue on the Aonach Eagach, which is mostly snow-free but probably verglassed to buggery. Also saw someone being airlifted off Bidean West Peak in the early afternoon. To be honest, given how busy it is coupled with the very icy path conditions, I'm not surprised there have been tumbles.
In reply to Only a hill:

Cheers

That make's sense we saw the helicopter buzzing around that area and lots of blue lights.

SDB
 petestack 14 Dec 2009
In reply to Fredt:

More info (similar to the Telegraph report) and a name:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8413061.stm

What terribly bad luck!
 Exitus 21 Dec 2009
In reply to Only a hill:
That wasn't a rescue on the Anonach Eagach... I was up there that day, and the chopper stopped over the ridge just in front of us for some time as a practice. They let a bloke and stretcher down, then just winched them up again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...