UKC

Alps warm up areas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Frazer 10 Jan 2014
Hi all!

heading out the Alps with old faithful Igor the transit van for two months. Planning on meeting friends in the Briancon area mid feb.

Two of us are gunna be driving down a couple weeks early.

Any suggestions for areas where we can climb II's to IV's, single to multipitch with easy access/descents?

Alps 'virgin' so the scale and complexity of it all is slightly overwhelming...failing any suggestions we'll just drive around and find stuff

cheers folks
 petenebo 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Frazer:

It was years ago so I may be out of date but had a great time icefall climbing around La Grave, Les Deux Alpes and Alp d'Huez. Great access (at the time-as I say, not up to date) abseil descents.
In reply to Frazer:

Hi I live about 25 mins from briancon, best thing is to head over and get some guide book and cheak out icefall.com and see what's in and take it from there,

There is a new guide for the Queyras area that is very good, and the good old cascade de glacé brianconnais argentierois embrunais,

A good start is the routes at ceillac park at the ski park and rack up 15 min walk in and off you go on some great routes,

Cheer

OP Frazer 10 Jan 2014
Thanks guys for the tips. I have the guide for brianconnais argentierois etc on loan from a mate so been getting familiar through that.

How are the conditions going Badmoarmot?

thanks again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...