UKC

An educated guess

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackspratt 30 Jan 2013
Unpredictable, unreliable and unforgiving. The words everyone uses to describe scottish weather.

However I'm going to scotland on the 10th of feb and I was wondering if anyone experienced out there could hazard a guess as to whether there is time for the weather to have turned for the better by then. I know its over posted but I guess I'm just looking for a shred of hope that I'll get to do some winter work this season
 CurlyStevo 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

MWIS
"Frequent upland gales for another week or more. Freezing levels will continue to oscillate, resulting in a series of freeze
thaw cycles, particularly across Highland Scotland. Precipitation will be frequent and on western mountains
considerable.
Later next week and beyond, increasing chance of colder conditions setting in, although this trend at present far from
certain."

MET
"UK Outlook for Thursday 14 Feb 2013 to Thursday 28 Feb 2013:

There are large uncertainties at this forecast range, however indications are that colder than average conditions will become more likely across most parts of the UK. Northwestern parts of the UK may well see drier than average conditions on the whole. Southern and eastern parts of the UK could see average or even greater than average amounts of precipitation."
 kwoods 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt: http://www.mwis.org.uk/wh.php

You'll get something, it's looking like it'll be pretty cold on top. Conditions would have to be exceptionally bad for there to be nothing in, depending on what style and grade you're talking about
 CurlyStevo 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:
But in a nutshell, its looking like good building and consolidating mostly freeze but with some thaw conditions (and plenty of precipitation mostly as snow) in the near future and then quite possibly back to cold and possibly more settled.
 BnB 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

Sorry. You have inadvertently chosen to go climbing in Scotland at the very same time as me. The wind will howl and the rain it will pour.
 Andy Nisbet 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

Looks promising to me!
 Jamie B 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

10th Feb is ages away - the weather will have improved and crapped out several times in turn by then!
 Kid Spatula 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Jackspratt:

I will also be in Aviemore from the 7th til the 11th. I predict just before I go it will hit 30 degrees C for a day and then rain constantly. I have that effect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...