UKC

Ankle/foor pain from ski boots and B3s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CacCarnBeag 08 Jan 2013
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody else suffers from this. I experience a lot of pain in my inner right foot, just below the ankle when wearing B3, and particuarly ski boots. I think I have a more pronounced bone than normal.

Who else experiences this? And does it improve with leather B3 boots (i.e. will my B3s get used to my foot shape over time)?. It is pretty frustrating as I have practically given up sking due to not being able to find ski boots that fit!

Cheers

Fin
OP CacCarnBeag 08 Jan 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag: Should read Ankle/foot pain from ski boots and B3s
In reply to CacCarnBeag: would you say it's where the ankle flexes? I got excrutiating pain (nerve type pain) from my spantiks on the top of my foot where it joins my leg. the only way to stop it was to not use the boots again!
OP CacCarnBeag 08 Jan 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Yep, feels like a nerve in being pinched around the flexy bit. Although it comes and goes with my B3 boots (Scarpa Cumbres). They are brand new, I used mantas for 3 seasons before.

Fin
In reply to CacCarnBeag: Sounds like what I had. I now have La Sportiva Trango extreme boots which do all I need and don't hurt. It's possible you might need to lay off wearing any boots (not ideal, I know) but I've not had a recurrance since changing and laying off for a while.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...