UKC

Approach to Creagn Coire Cha-no help pleas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Exile 10 Jan 2014

Evening all. I've found the crag on the map but, from those who have been there, are there any obvious features to look out for / guide you on the walk in from the car park?

Thanks
Post edited at 19:27
 george mc 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Exile:

Walk up big ridge till it goes flat - keep walking to small but steep cliff
OP Exile 10 Jan 2014
In reply to george mc:

Thanks George. I thought the cliff was below the east side of the ridge line? Do you traverse in to it's base from the easing off of the ridge angle at about 870m? I'm assuming the crag is (maybe wrongly) at 017067 ish?
 James Edwards 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Exile:

This is the top of anvil gully area where a downclimbable gully is or a place to absail
NJ 01719 06320
That is accurate to a couple of metres.
James
 AlH 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Exile:

Follow path up crest of ridge SE of Ciste Car park as George says. Where it eases between 950 and 1000m bear east to spot height 1028 (make sure you are above the lip of Coire Laogh Mor). From the north end of the rocks on the spot height head north 2 or 3 hundred metres looking for the big scoop of Recovery Gully. Its the right gully if when you are stood on the north side of it the Anvil of anvil gully (an anvil sized block) is visible just below the edge of the ridge just N of the Gully. Should also be plenty of evidence of other climbers descending the Gully from this week if heading there tomorrow.
OP Exile 10 Jan 2014
In reply to AlH:

Prob Sunday, thanks one and all.
 LakesWinter 18 Jan 2014
In reply to Exile:

You'll have to let us know if it is actually any good as well!
 John Lyall 18 Jan 2014
In reply to LakesWinter:

Worth a visit if you've done all the routes in the Northern Corries and the Loch Avon Basin! It is VERY short, but nice outlook.
 Paul249 18 Jan 2014
In reply to Exile:

Climbs in good nick today. They're short but pack in plenty of action!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...