UKC

Ben or Gorms?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geoff.comley 12 Jan 2022

Alright folks, wondering where people are thinking conditions will be in this weekend, hoping the temps drop again. High Routes on the Ben surviving?

Thanks for any tips 

DaveHK 12 Jan 2022
In reply to geoff.comley:

Higher the better really and even at that I'm not sure how good it will be. There's a bit of variation in the temperatures forecast by different providers with most suggesting it will be much colder by the weekend and a few suggesting freezing levels still above the summits.

Post edited at 08:30
OP geoff.comley 12 Jan 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

Cheers Dave, been away working for 2 weeks so keen to get back out! 

dominic o 12 Jan 2022

We ended up climbing on both last weekend, rolling the dice with a 5am start from Ballachulish on Sunday to enjoy a fabulous day on  t-Sneachda, having been disappointed by a damp Saturday on The Ben. The only lesson being to stay as flexible as possible when Chasing the Ephemeral!

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2022/01/09/two-sides-of-scottish-winter-cl...

Good luck! Cheers, Dom 

Adam Godwin 12 Jan 2022

Hi Geoff,

I'm the creator behind the Winter Climbing Forecasts app and that's currently predicting that pretty much all the easy snow gullies on both the Ben and in the Norries will be good this weekend. Not much else though. Although as Dave says it's still a long way out for any forecasting tool, so that could all change.

Adam

In reply to dominic o:

Nice! Good effort flexibility is always key and I will head anywhere to have a look as long as its safe to do so!

It's pretty warm and windy in Keith tonight! 

In reply to Adam Godwin:

Cheers Adam, I'm thinking the same at this rate. App sounds interesting! I'll check it out 

Mike-W-99 12 Jan 2022

The sais photos of Coire an Lochain today are suggesting similar.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...