UKC

Best phone signal in the Norries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon&anne-marie 01 Mar 2011
I am up in the Norries climbing next week and need to be in phone contact (wife is 8months pregnant). Which phones work best and which are rubbish. Cheers for any advice.
 george mc 01 Mar 2011
In reply to Jon&anne-marie:
If you have line of sight down towards Aviemore/A9 corridor you'll get a signal with all the major phone networks.

In Sneachda as you drop down into the corrie reception is patchier depending on a/ LOS and b/ your network. You get a good signal on O2/Vodafone/Orange by the rescue box in Sneachda.

Lochan - generally a good signal (I'm with O2) all the way in until you drop into where the lochan is. The signal returns as you go higher (again LOS to A9 corridor). Hope this helps.
In reply to george mc: Thanks george, very helpful especially as my phone is O2 and my work phone is vodaphone.
 Jim Fraser 01 Mar 2011
In reply to Jon&anne-marie:

Just as george said. I am using mainly Vodafone but also O2 and can't remember ever having problems in that area unless you are clearly down behind something.
 antoniusblock 01 Mar 2011
In reply to Jim Fraser: I have Tesco (o2 coverage i believe) and had signal all over Sneachta.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...