UKC

Cadair Idris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MattJP 04 Apr 2013
Hi.

Has anyone been up and done anything very low in the grades on Cadair in the last few days?

I havent taken the axes out in anger for a few seasons so pretty much starting low to build up again.

Or anyone been around Cadair can let me know the snow line etc?

From The Cambrians, I can see the summit and its quite white!

Cheers
 Cadairmanuk 04 Apr 2013
In reply to MattJP: Mynydd moel is looking good , there is corner gully a grade one and the snow was bullet hard last Friday.

Ben
 Marq 04 Apr 2013
In reply to MattJP:

Cnicht on Sunday had a good covering on the north face down to about 350m so my partner and I climbed the 'Welsh Matterhorn' by its' north face with a walking axe and crampons. Most probably grade I ish.
 Cadairmanuk 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Marq:

I found corner gully requiring a little more respect than normal , I would say its getting into grade two as we had to pop out the gully and onto mixed a few times with zero protection so take care if you chose that route.

ben
OP MattJP 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Cadairmanuk:

Cheers for that.

We were lookign at Corner Gully as a nice reintroduction. Would be nice to do but perhaps not for tomorrow.

Why did you have to pop out of the gully? Wa sit not complete?

Cheers

Matt
OP MattJP 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Marq:
> (In reply to MattJP)
>
> Cnicht on Sunday had a good covering on the north face down to about 350m so my partner and I climbed the 'Welsh Matterhorn' by its' north face with a walking axe and crampons. Most probably grade I ish.

That sounds nice, but we are held by time. The wee ones will be in nursery so we need to get their, climb and get back and maybe not have time for Cnicht! Shame though!

Cheers

Cadairmanuk 04 Apr 2013
In reply to MattJP:

There was some deep powder in the gullies , hence to reason to jump out. It wasn't going anywhere just difficult progress.

ben
OP MattJP 04 Apr 2013
In reply to Cadairmanuk:
> (In reply to MattJP)
>
> There was some deep powder in the gullies , hence to reason to jump out. It wasn't going anywhere just difficult progress.
>
> ben

Ok cheers for that! some food for thought there!!

Thanks mate!!

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...