UKC

Cams dropped Hells Lum - Deep Cut Chimney

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kenneM 05 Jan 2014
I dropped two DMM cams on a single krab on DCC today - if anyone finds them I would be really grateful if I could pay the postage to have them returned.

Many thanks

Mike
 Nevis_Ben 10 Jan 2014
In reply to kenneM:

Did you finish the route?

I left left some gear up there last year (labelled up). Had to ab off as last pitch was undoable.
 Andy Nisbet 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Nevis_Ben:

> I left left some gear up there last year (labelled up). Had to ab off as last pitch was undoable.

The last pitch is always doable. You don't climb up the back but out on to a chockstone, from where (unexpectedly) you can go outside the chimney. I was once climbing it and the team ahead said it was impossible, so I showed them how to do it, and we all succeeded.
 danm 10 Jan 2014
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Yeah, I fell off trying to finish direct, thinking this is tough for IV, then my mate, who had bothered to read the guide, finished by bridging out to the chockstone. Exciting but bang on for the grade that way.
 Nevis_Ben 11 Jan 2014
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I'll keep that in mind as there's a chance I'll be there again this year. Thanks!
OP kenneM 11 Jan 2014
In reply to kenneM:

Mate I think your gear is still there! A couple of screw gates and some cord??

It was completely frozen - if I'd known I would have cut it free but I left it in situ. The traverse out to the choke stone is an 'unbelievable' experience and like you the first time I tried this route I backed off thinking it was out of nick but it really does go. Not sure about the grade though! Definitely the hardest IV I have ever done just for that last pitch - also probably the best
 Nevis_Ben 11 Jan 2014
In reply to kenneM:

It's good to know my gear hasn't been swiped! Maybe I'll manage to retrieve it myself when I next get up there.

alasdair19 12 Jan 2014
In reply to Nevis_Ben:
I think you maybe too late....

I can drop something in at the lodge if your likely to go past.

I think you'll need to come back in march for the cams mind.
Post edited at 00:06

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...