UKC

Charlet moser crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 23 Feb 2020

Hi

I have an old pair of charlet moser m10 crampons. The anti snow bale plates have disintegrated. Any idea how I get replacement plates? Thanks 

Basemetal 23 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley:

I always make my own out of ice cream carton plastic or those flexible chopping board sheets. Seem to last about twenty routes.  Cut to shape, punch holes, tie with tiwraps or fusewire.

Or try just duct tape if you can't be bothered.

There are some "universal" ones around too. I'm not convinced they're essential if you're experienced and have flat framed crampons .

Post edited at 17:11
 sg 23 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley:

https://www.deporvillage.net/petzl-antisnow-for-m10-crampons-pair?gclid=Cj0...

Hope link works. I've just ordered; should arrive next few days. 

nniff 24 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley:

I have M10s and once upon a time they had OEM anti-balling plates.  they perished and died quickly.  I've been making my own out of bleach bottle plastic for years.  Held on with cable ties and bits of  coat-hanger wire.  They last for ages. It's best if they're a bit oversize, which makes them pop a bit.  Make a cardboard template and then get busy.  They take about half an hour to make.  Bleach bottle plastic is as tough as you like, and available in many colours, although my current ones are a rather dull white.  The next iteration will be purple, but some time next year at this rate

OP David Coley 24 Feb 2020
In reply to sg:

Thanks. If you get the chance please report back if they fit 

sg 26 Feb 2020
In reply to David Coley:

All good. I'm sure they're Charlet Moser originals. Presumably just old stock knocking around in a warehouse somewhere in Europe. My winter climbing frequency can't really justify new crampons but I was prepared to push the boat out for new anti-botts rather than gaffer tape which all my other spikes had/have.

OP David Coley 27 Feb 2020
In reply to sg:

Thanks 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...