UKC

Climbing in Cha-no 2/12/17

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 04 Dec 2017
Conditions were very poor in Cha-no over the weekend. It was like climbing inside a Slush Puppy.
Did get a great picture of a guy on top of Chimney Rib. He was wearing a blue and green jacket and we met on Jenga Buttress... PM me and I'll send it!

Also, the big pile of sh*t on the belay of Jenga Buttress did not help!!!

Euge
 Webster 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Euge:

so you are admitting that conditions were poor (no surprise there given the forecast...) yet admitting that you still climbed? This post is ether brave, stupid or a troll!
 Fiona Reid 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Webster:

I was there yesterday as part of the very large group messing about on some easy (grade I ish) snowy stuff. Exposed turf was frozen and any of the snow that had been exposed to the wind or had steps in etc was actually pretty decent. The rock was looking pretty black and we were quite surprised to see others climbing there although possibly not quite as surprised as them when 18 of us descended Recovery Gully...

From what I understand from chatting to some folks that climbed there on Saturday if you got up v. early (like 4/4:30am) then you'd have managed to get a route done before the thaw set in. After that it looks like the temps shot up and it got a soggy/stripped pretty fast.

OP Euge 04 Dec 2017
In reply to Webster:

I bailed and climbed a slushy gully...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...