UKC

cliviger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EBclimbing 18 Jan 2013
anyone know if cliviger is coming into nic, or any of the other calderdale 'mini ice crags'?
 BnB 18 Jan 2013
In reply to EBclimbing:

Took a look at the crags and gullies on the north side of Stoodley Pike on Thusrday morning. Ground still unfrozen, water running freely, powder snow throughout. It's gonna take a while yet.
OP EBclimbing 18 Jan 2013
In reply to BnB: cheers, just looking at options for this weekend... might have to keep the axes in the cupboard for one more week
 BnB 18 Jan 2013
In reply to EBclimbing:

I'm off to France for a week in the Alps (today's snow in Manchester permitting) so hoping the freeze lasts long enough for me to enjoy on my return. I'm in Hebden. You local too? Ratten Clough could be in by next weekend.
 The New NickB 18 Jan 2013
In reply to EBclimbing:

I am over in Hebden tomorrow, so planning on making small diversion on the way home to have a look. It is probably too soon, but I will report back.
 matus 19 Jan 2013
Top part in Cliviger is climbable (for solo)

Enjoy

m.
 dunnyg 22 Jan 2013
In reply to matus: It still holding up? Or should I just wait...
In reply to dunnyg:

From the winter conditions page http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/winter.html , it looks like it got a few ascents over the weekend. Depends how cold it's been since then as to whether it's holding up.

ALC
fil-p 22 Jan 2013
In reply to EBclimbing: was on it on Sunday and was fine soloing it. Somebody had lead it with the evidence of screw holes
 daveh444 25 Jan 2013
In reply to fil-pont suppose Any one know's if there is anything left ?
 The New NickB 25 Jan 2013
In reply to daveh444:

I popped down this afternoon. A bit thin in places, but I have climbed it thinner. Should be ok tomorrow morning, maybe the afternoon, but if the weather is as forecast it won't last long.

The stream is very thin in places, mind you don't get wet feet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...