UKC

Eas Anie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 k.shark 22 Jan 2013
Anyone been on it or knows of its condition .
 Mike Lates 23 Jan 2013
In reply to k.shark: A week on perhaps it's more likely to be there? Anyone?
Gordon 23 Jan 2013
In reply to k.shark:

Can't tell you about Eas Anie, but as an indicator of low lying "larger volume" falls, the Pass of Brander falls are looking well frozen at the moment, and the one in the SOUTH facing coire of Beinn Eunaich (Grid Ref NN140 309, altitude 310m) is looking pretty solid as well. Where exposed (i.e. not under a load of snow) ice has been forming very readily, so if not in yet I'd imagine Eas Anie is well on the way to being there. Although the predicted thaw at lower levels this weekend may change this. We could be lucky though, a brief thaw at all levels and then a quick refreeze would loosen up a bit of water to get the ice forming again which would be good, things have slowed down a lot in the last couple of days because the cliffs are so dry.
Good luck if you go for it!!
 Mike Lates 23 Jan 2013
In reply to Gordon:
Ta for this. Found Beinn Eunaich on map but not in the Arrochar guidebook; no sign of Black Shoot mentioned on UKC logbook page. Nor pass of Brander falls. Much appreciated, mike
 GordyB 23 Jan 2013
In reply to k.shark:

Past the Pass of Brander falls (Lumberjacks Falls)an hour ago. Not there yet, still water coming down top pitch. Other ice smears forming further west of Lumberjacks though, needs a few more days and a fair bit colder. Pictures of Lumberjacks from 2 years ago in my photo gallery.

Beinn Einich waterfall doesn't look complete either.

G
 Roberttaylor 25 Jan 2013
In reply to k.shark: Did it yesterday (well, last night). It's in with some water going down the back of it.

R
 CurlyStevo 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Roberttaylor: it had water going down the back and even going down the front after it had a long hard freeze in the winter of 09 /10. The day we did it it was -20 on the drive over!
 Pids 25 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
> (In reply to Roberttaylor) it had water going down the back and even going down the front after it had a long hard freeze in the winter of 09 /10. The day we did it it was -20 on the drive over!

is that another way of willy waving and saying that you have done it, albeit way in the past ? good for you, I'm really happy for you
 CurlyStevo 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Pids:
No not at all, I was saying that having water running behind the ice can be normal even in a very hard freeze.
 Roberttaylor 25 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: Good to know. Such a fun route.
 CurlyStevo 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Roberttaylor:
One of the best water ice routes I've done - loved it, I guess its hard to differentiate but the weather (crisp blue sky) and company all added to the experience.
OP k.shark 25 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo: I have already climbed it in 2011 but my climbing partner who has it on his wish list couldn't make it that day . I have been annoying him saying how good it is .
In reply to Pids:
> (
> is that another way of willy waving and saying that you have done it, albeit way in the past ? good for you, I'm really happy for you

Hi Martin,

The first time I climbed it, I drove my Nissan Sunny all the way, only parking at the last gate at the Goldmine, cos we couldn't lift it off the hinges!!!

We geared up at the car, walked over and both soloed it. Overtaking the 3 parties pitch climbing it, went back down, soloed the R/Fork, drove back out! We did give a lift to the couple we'd been drinking with the night before as they were walking back out.

Stuart
 CurlyStevo 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie:
i'm sure you are trying to one up me and Martin but in the days of Nissan Sunny's surely the ice was so fat and also stepped out from all the step cutting that only worth grade III.
 Milesy 26 Jan 2013
A few years ago I was at the foot of Ben Lui and a car full of tourists turned up on the farmers track at the bottom.
 Michael Gordon 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Milesy:

Tourists? What were they looking for?
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Gold?

ALC
 Lamb 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Pids:
> (In reply to CurlyStevo)
> [...]
>
> is that another way of willy waving and saying that you have done it, albeit way in the past ? good for you, I'm really happy for you

Hahaha! I do hope there will be no willy waving next weekend in the CIC Martin!
 Milesy 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Michael Gordon:
> (In reply to Milesy)
>
> Tourists? What were they looking for?

Feck knows. They looked very confused as the path stopped at the river.
 Pids 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Lamb:
> (In reply to Pids)
> [...]
>
>
> Hahaha! I do hope there will be no willy waving next weekend in the CIC Martin!

Ahm hoping its to cold to even find ma willy never mind wave it next weekend!
 Lamb 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Pids:
> (In reply to Lamb)
> [...]
>
> Ahm hoping its to cold to even find ma willy never mind wave it next weekend!

Not sure that the SMC permit willy waving in the CIC Martin...let's hope it is cauld!
 Mike Lates 28 Jan 2013
In reply to Roberttaylor: Many thanks for posting about your ascent so early (or was it just before bed?). It was just what I needed to make my mind up at 7am and to keep me going in the deep powder approach.
We had an epic without even getting above 2000ft, the climbing was superb and the most "normal" part of the day!- http://skyeguides.co.uk/arrochar-adventures-25-27th-january/
Hope the people carrier in the ditch wasn't yours; consolation was that the mine boys even managed to ditch a Hilux as they left work that afternoon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...