/ "El Niño weather event likely this winter"
I wonder what this will do for winter climbing in Scotland this year, if it's true?
1. price of spuds goes through the roof
2. Scotland-bound winter climbers unable to afford chips
3. massive malnourishment sets in
4. nothing done in Scotland this winter
> 4. nothing done in Scotland this winter
5. Cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria.
Spuds have done well this year (they have in Cumbria anyway), so they shouldn’t be expensive.
"El Niño has no obvious or strong effect on UK winter weather. Historically, El Niño years have coincided with both mild/wet and cold/dry winters in the UK."
I think it usually means good stable weather in Patagonia. Time to book a flight.....
6. More phone calls complaining about the weather to Mr Al Nino of Nipomo, California.
””Disaster!!! As French Apline resorts adopt British chip shop style approach to catering for spud starved British climbers..... but are unable to get the batter mix quite right!”
> I think it usually means good stable weather in Patagonia. Time to book a flight.....
I thought the opposite was true, ie floods with snow in the high Andes.
The ECMWF has forecast extensive northern blocking, which suggests a cold, dry winter.
> I thought the opposite was true, ie floods with snow in the high Andes.
Patagonia is probably about as far from the high Andes as Scotland is from the Alps!
7. Some wheelie bins gets blown over, councils declare national emergency
8. Someone throws snowball at Tarquin, all schools close
9. Kinder downfall still not in
10. Southerners drive to Scotland en masse and complain about climate change when nothing is in, missing the irony
11. The Führer still furious.
12/ Everybody realises Scottish winter is shite and books in for a weeks steady ice climbing at Casa Alfredino in the Dolomites. #boom #gotmywinterholidaysorted
Today we are pleased to release the trailer for UKC's new feature-length documentary: Statement of Youth. The 1980's saw climbing... Read more
Drawing on four decades of knowledge, expertise and innovation, Osprey's Fall 2018 season is Built on Experience with three brand... Read more
In 2017 The North Face sent a group of climbers to Queen Maud Land, Antarctica to explore one of the most remote ranges in the... Read more
Inspired by the popular Humans of New York Facebook series by Brandon Stanton, we thought that sharing short vignettes from a... Read more