UKC

Getting to Rjukan on public transport.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hikerman 08 Jan 2013
Just wanting to know if its possible to get to rjukan form airports in Oslo using public transport?
 george mc 08 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman:
Yes
OP hikerman 08 Jan 2013
In reply to George mc:
Great. Would you be able to tell me is that by train or bus?also how long does it take?
 benka 08 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman:
www.ruter.no
 george mc 08 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman:

The website the other chap posted has full details. How long? hhmm that does depend on timings of your flight, connections etc. Depending on when your flight arrives in Oslo or departs you may have to stay overnight in Oslo. Mind Torp is nowhere near Oslo - although I do think you can still travel to Rjukan from Torp. Not so sure on how good the connections are though.

By car from Oslo to Rjukan is around 3 hours, maybe less or maybe slightly more depending on road conditions. Overall bus is longer due to connections etc.
 patsaunders 08 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman: yes its easy, from torp there is a bus with one change. the guys on the buses are really helpful too, on the way back to torp it was snowing hard and i was going to miss the connection change, the driver missed a few stops and took me straight to the connection as i was the only person on the bus. On the way out the driver made me a coffee!
OP hikerman 08 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman:
Thanks for replies and tips. Should be able to make it there now!!!
redsonja 09 Jan 2013
In reply to hikerman: yes, its easy, though quite expensive!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...