UKC

Glencoe Village Webcam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Harpur 23 Jan 2019

Not sure if the link will show here, but I have a webcam pointing up at the Pap of Glencoe and Sgorr nam Fiannaidh (West end of the Aonach Eagach).  Useful if you want to check out the level of the snowline before heading up this way.

http://pierhouse-glencoe.scot/webcam

Cog 23 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Could you change 1-23-2019 to 23-1-2019 please?

pasbury 23 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Lovely. There’s even a good view at 23:29 on a January evening.

no staggering drunks though, is that normal?

dave frost 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Would be possible to use something that doesnt require adobe flash player ?

Mike-W-99 24 Jan 2019
In reply to dave frost:

Its not using flash when I tried (safari)

PaulTclimbing 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Thanks great image and set up and its live. Is it an easy thing to do? How do you do It?

Harry Jarvis 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

An excellent facility. The image looks slightly tilted. Might someone go up a ladder and straighten it out? 

And your B&B looks very nice. 

OP Andy Harpur 24 Jan 2019
In reply to Cog:

Done : Date format changed.

In reply to dave frost:

I'm not aware that is uses flash...   happy to be proved wrong, but I have no control over it.

In reply to PaulTclimbing:

It's easy once you have a grasp of how to do it, took me a while to find a solution.   It's just an IP camera (Trendnet TV-IP310PI).  You have to set up your router to port forward so that it can be seen through your firewall.  Unless you have a static IP, then you also need to use something like www.noip.com to allow people to locate your camera and make the stream visible from the internet.

There are various sites that enable broadcasting to multiple users (e.g. Angelcam).  I initially used the free option of ipcamlive.com when I set up the camera over 2 years ago. I now pay 15 euros/month, which gives pretty good reliability and allows the video to be relayed without slowing down your own broadband connection (only 8Mb here in Glencoe and 0.15Mb uploads).  The only issue is that noip.com use a process running on your desktop to forward  your current external IP address, if you shut down your PC, or that process, the camera is no longer externally visible.

In reply to Harry Jarvis:

I'm aware the camera's tilted.  It happened last time I cleaned the lens, It's on the gable end of the building near the apex of the roof and I'll sort it out next time I'm up there with the ladder!

Thanks for the comments on the B&B

Post edited at 21:09
 PaulTclimbing 28 Jan 2019
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Thanks for that..   I may be of a different generation as I didn't understand any of it...but you've done a good job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...