UKC

Green gully ben nevis, Cheers yorksclimb67

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DeanD 16 Mar 2013
Recent trip to Ben Nevis to do green gully
http://betweengritandacoldplace.blogspot.co.uk/
 YorksClimb67 17 Mar 2013
In reply to DeanD: Cheers I actually climbed Green Gully on Ben Nevis Yesterday Saturday 13th with Dimitri we where the 3rd group on the route, perfect ice conditions and good climb, till I dropped an axe leading the final short little pitch below Cornice when the rope snagged on a quick draw (i was kicking myself). Made it up just, we also then had a difficult exit through the Cornice as we had to go right as i was down to one axe, well lead by Dimitri. Had a dreadful descent in the blizzard weather back to the north car park made the car at 9.00pm! I'll be posting a lost on the axe now in the gully.
 AlH 17 Mar 2013
In reply to YorksClimb67: Nightmare! you kindly let us through and if I remember rightly you were having problems with your lashes lower down. I had to dig the cornice out for the team in front of both of us who were both pretty knackered at the top. I'll post on my blog about the axe. Hope you get it back. Did it fall into the Gully or off to the right?
 AlH 17 Mar 2013
 YorksClimb67 17 Mar 2013
In reply to DeanD: Yes that's us in the picture second set of climbers, my ice axe fell down gully, I think we exited through the gap in the cornice you guys made it was a bit tricky, Cheers
OP DeanD 18 Mar 2013
In reply to YorksClimb67:
Sorry to hear about the trouble you had. We didn't see anyone on the route. We set off at 4:45 from the car park n didn't really see anyone all day. Topped out in the sunshine and made it back down past the half way lochaine before any sign of bad weather came in.
What time did u start climbing
 YorksClimb67 19 Mar 2013
In reply to DeanD: We started about lunch time, hence caught the bad weather later in afternoon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...