UKC

is winter here

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blackcat 10 Jan 2013
Hi folks well according to todays papers were in for a few weeks of wintry weather accross the whole of britain,lets see shall we.
 Milesy 10 Jan 2013
In reply to blackcat:

Read actual weather forecasts instead of papers.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to blackcat)
>
> Read actual weather forecasts instead of papers.

Supplement that by following the met office blog for a few months. You'll get a good feel for the number of posts they make that are 'the newspaper ran xyz weather story, but there's no evidence for this.'
 Milesy 10 Jan 2013
I dont even bother with the papers at all. Don't read em but things like The Big Freeze and The Beast from the East really annoy me.
 Mark Bannan 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> ...The Beast from the East ...

Who (or what?!) on earth is that?

Russell Lovett 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Mark Bannan: Beast from the east, was a rather naughty weather system that was suposed to bring use Sibirian weather from Russia. The papers made a realy big fuss about it but it never made it hear as the papers were saying. This subjects a is one of my pet hates see thread I started today, and dont even get me started on the unnessersery over use of road and traffic signs that blight our streets
 Bloodfire 10 Jan 2013
In reply to blackcat: The 'winter' has been here for a long time... the cold weather on the other hand, is almost no where to be seen, it might just change!
 Mark Bannan 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Cheers for that! Here's me thinking it was another name for Ivan the Terrible (the Russian wrestler in the old Billy Connolly sketch)!
 Brass Nipples 10 Jan 2013
> (In reply to Mark Bannan) Beast from the east, was a rather naughty weather system that was suposed to bring use Sibirian weather from Russia.

Quite mild in Siberia this year....

Russell Lovett 10 Jan 2013
In reply to A Game of Chance: quite mild in Siberia. If you read that in a news paper don,t believe it.
 Sharp 11 Jan 2013
> (In reply to Mark Bannan) ...and dont even get me started on the unnessersery over use of road and traffic signs that blight our streets

Best weather related sign I saw was on the motorway, one of the small, diamond shaped orange LED signs that said fog. The only reason I could see it was because the fog has cleared, possibly the most pointless sign in the world.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...