UKC

Mountain Rescue - accident details?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 peebles boy 06 Sep 2013
Hello folks,

just wondering if anyone knows of/can point me in the direction of how/where I would find out details of a rescue or accident that MRT have attended?

Sounds morbid, but genuine reason - have received message from family of a casualty who have asked about photos I have published on-line. They think photos were taken near the time and location of incident, and have requested any info I may have about the area/conditions etc, but cannot find more details of incident and don't really want to ask too many questions of family.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers,
Gordon.
 Neil Williams 06 Sep 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

They often put them on their website.

Neil
 Carolyn 06 Sep 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

As Neil says, website for the appropriate team would be the best starting point. Possibly also worth checking if they have a Facebook page, as similar brief details may go on there.

Beyond that, most teams also publish the summary in their annual report, but I imagine it's probably a more recent incident than would be in last year's report?
 cmgcmg 06 Sep 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

The location of the incident would determine which team would have responded within reason. Sometimes the next local team would respond if the nearest was tied up. You would have to look them up.

http://www.mountain.rescue.org.uk/teams-and-regions

http://www.mountainrescuescotland.org/teams/

Worst case you would have to email them and ask them. They will not be able to release any details but usually can confirm if they attended. The family would be best placed to make any inquiry.
 m dunn 07 Sep 2013
In reply to peebles boy: SMCJ usually prints details of Mountain Incidents over the previous year. So may have to wait a while for that ... That;s Scotland only of course.
OP peebles boy 08 Sep 2013
In reply to peebles boy:

Cheers folks, looking like I will email team direct.

Gordon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...