UKC

Newtyle Quarry DT access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 top cat 26 Feb 2019

I see from some very old threads that access to Newtyle may have had some minor issues [no ban as such, but the quarry was being worked]

Does anyone know the current situation and where I can find a current/live/printable topo?

cheers

TC

StuMsg 26 Feb 2019
In reply to top cat:

I popped past in October (I think) and there were no access issues.

If nobody gives you any other update you could try calling the local climbing/outdoor shop, I hear they are very good with local crag knowledge.

In reply to top cat:

Search Facebook for a group called "fools with tools". There has been updates posted in there going back a wee bit.

Try and avoid parking in the private road beside the quarry. Don't drive up the access road to the quarry. If you're going on a week day and find workers, although I think this is infrequent, then you might not be able to get access. Check that group though. More info there. 

Post edited at 22:52
OP top cat 02 Mar 2019

We went on Friday and accessed ok.

However, the digger was in operation and half a dozen lorry loads were sent on their way during the afternoon.

I suspect the destination would have been the A9 works.  If so , at this rate it won't be long before the venue is lost????

Big Rich 02 Mar 2019
In reply to top cat:

I am passing that way this week - may have time to for a wee dander upto quarry- never had a problem parking at edge of road/private road 

seen minibus parked there recently !!

robertcreer 03 Mar 2019
In reply to top cat:

Was there last week, the quarry that is operational seems to be separate so no issue. There was a minibus parked on the grass the other side of the private road to the gate and I parked my van just a little way past the quarry there are 2 small laybys probably 5 minute walk along the road if that.

OP top cat 03 Mar 2019
In reply to robertcreer:

Yes , currently the quarry activity is separate and access not affected.   But at the current observed rate of extraction it could very well be an issue in the not too distant future??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...