UKC

Oslo to Rjukan Travel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jonty Craig 29 Jan 2022

(ICE CLIMBING NORWAY , FEB 2022)

Hi all, 

Looking for someone to share a car with Rjukan to Oslo on Feb 24th, 2022.

At the Old School House on a climbing course from the 20-24th and need to get back to the Airport in Oslo by 10 pm in a bit of a desperate situation as I know the bus takes a decade to get back to Oslo and can't miss my flight. 

Any help/advice would be much appreciated and of course, I would be more than happy to split any travel costs if a lift share is available. 

Thanks in advance, 

Jonty Craig 

Henry Iddon 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Jonty Craig:

Is there a boat.... just be wary of old school alarm clocks in the hold !!!! 

Joking apart - I hope you get sorted out.

gneiss boots 31 Jan 2022
In reply to Jonty Craig:

It is a 3+ hour drive and about 4 to up to 4 1/2 hrs by bus so not that much slower. If you leave at 1526 you are there before 2000 while the 1754 from the Baptist church ( as I don’t know where your course is) gets you in with 3mins to spare of your 2200 deadline, assuming that ‘by 10pm’ is the check in time and not when flight leaves!

AndyC 01 Feb 2022
In reply to Jonty Craig:

I guess you are on the 22:10 Ryan Air flight to Stanstead? I would aim to be at Gardermoen by 21:00 at the absolute latest - you need to check in, get through security, walk down to the non-Schengen area at the end of the terminal and go through passport control. Probably no queues at that time of night but you never know.

Otherwise, it seems to be a case of - if I wanted to go there, I wouldn't be starting from err... there!

If you can't get a lift out of Rjukan then it looks like you are tied to the 15:24 bus and about a 100 stops between Rjukan and Oslo S. Then you still have to get to Gardermoen - 20 minutes on the airport express train plus waiting time.

If you can get a lift to Kongsberg you can take the L12 Eidsvoll train (one departure every hour, stops at Gardermoen).

If you can get to Drammen, the airport express train departs every 20 minutes and takes about an hour.

OP Jonty Craig 06 Feb 2022
In reply to gneiss boots:

Cheers, 

I have decided to take an extra day off work and play it safe getting a flight the next day and spending a night in Oslo. Can't be dealing with missing the flight. Thanks for your advice. 

OP Jonty Craig 06 Feb 2022
In reply to AndyC:

Cheers, 

I have decided to take an extra day off work and play it safe getting a flight the next day and spending a night in Oslo. Can't be dealing with missing the flight and just going to allow a stress-free trip back to Oslo, all be it a long one! Thanks for your advice. 

AndyC 06 Feb 2022
In reply to Jonty Craig:

Good plan! And you are lucky - they have just dropped the requirement to get tested on entry. You shouldn't have to spend a couple of hours in a tightly packed queue before being allowed out of the airport.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...