UKC

Petzl Darts on Scarpa Cumbre's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CacCarnBeag 13 Aug 2013
Do they fit? I think Cumbre's have a funny sole shape, so I was wondering if anybody has used this combination. My boots are UK 6.5.

While I'm at it, has anybody had any experience with Black diamond Stingers on Scarpa Cumbre's or Freneys? What like is the fit?

Used G14s for 3 years but they weigh a tonne, and I've worn about 7mm off the secondary points!

Any advice much appreciated! And sorry if this has been done before.

Cheers

Fin

Kirriemuir 14 Aug 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag: Yes, got a really solid fit with Darts on my size 9 Cumbres.
OP CacCarnBeag 14 Aug 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag: Cool, anybody got any experience with Black Diamond Stingers on any uber asymmetric soles (such as the Cumbre)?
 Epsilon 18 Aug 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

Don't know about the Stingers but I use Black Diamond Cyborgs on my Freneys (size 42.5) and they fit perfectly.
 Chrismith 19 Aug 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag: I use Cumbre's with G14's, size 46 and yes they are stupidly heavy, almost unsafe on dodgey ground! They also rub like mad after a few hours so I was thinking of changing my boots this year. Anyone had problems with the Nepal's or the scarpa phantom guides? These are the 2 im considering.

Cheers
 kathryn 19 Aug 2013
In reply to n.LiVE:
I have small feet so the problems I had with cumbres and darts may not apply to you - I found the front of my boot would move from side to side with a dart on (I also didn't like the lack of anti balling plate) - I got rid of the darts and get some black diamond stingers (can replace the point too rather than needing to replace whole crampon when worn down) they have a better fit on both my Cumbres and Mont Blancs. I have found the Mont Blancs are a nicer comfier fit than the Cumbres. But everyone has a slightly different shape foot.

My partner uses stingers and sabertooth BD crampons on his cumbres.

Petzl crampons do not seem to fit so well on those particular scarpa boots my irvis's have very little length of front point, not because they have worn down but because the boot pushes so far forwards in the crampon due to the narrow toe profile.

I would go to a shop that sells both types of crampon and see how they look when you put them on the boot.
OP CacCarnBeag 19 Aug 2013
In reply to kathryn: Cheers for the advice! Sounds like Stingers are the better option for me then. Ideally I would go to a shop but I cant find any that have them where I live. And yeh, the lack of replacable front point does put me off the darts.

Cameron94 19 Aug 2013
In reply to n.LiVE: I use G14 on my phantom guides set up as mono's with newmatic binding. They fit quite well and I get a decent amount of front point clearance at the front. My boots are 43.

They are quite heavy but they feel bomproof and should last a good while.

Mr Powly 19 Aug 2013
In reply to CacCarnBeag:

I use Rambo 4s on my massive Cumbres (size 47). At that size they fit much better than anything else I've found.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...