UKC

Punter Drytool training at White Goods

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
MooseMouse 14 Jan 2013
I've been thinking of giving White Goods a pop to improve my technique and strength.
I'm a bit of a weak punter and only have experience of ice and mixed up to grade 5 Scottish.
Would I get anywhere at Whitegoods or LLanberis quarries or is this likely to be beyond mortals?

I'd be using a pair of x-monsters and G14 or maybe my CM super12s.
Is it worth a try or will I just get laughed at!
Shall I wait untill I get some better tools?

Thanks!
 Camm 14 Jan 2013
In reply to MooseMouse:
There's some easy routes there aswell, I went with G14s and dmm rebels, I've only climbed up to grade 4 but at the time I had only done about 3.
 Camm 14 Jan 2013
In reply to MooseMouse: Also A clip stick will come in handy as after you've climbed past the first bolt on some of the climbs you're looking at a ground fall if you don't clip the second bolt!
 zero six 14 Jan 2013
In reply to MooseMouse:
You'll probably be fine. Give it a try no-one's going to laugh, more likely they'll either be at the same level or offer to give you beta if they're more experienced. If you learn how to advance the rope using a clipstick (whilst clipped into a bolt) you'll be able to set up top ropes, which is the quickest way to progress at any style of climbing. Be careful with any loose rock, it isn't a climbing wall.
 Misha 15 Jan 2013
In reply to MooseMouse:
Clipstick a good idea as said above. You'll find stuff to do, plenty of 5s & 6s. Don't Tumble is great.

This weekend though, it's gonna be time for the real stuff!
MooseMouse 23 Jan 2013
Thanks for the advice folks, I obtained a clip stick for a trip over later that week, but then my partner for the day fell through. Then the 'real stuff' arrived and has been distracting me since! I'll give white goods a try when there is nothing better to do! Thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...