UKC

Snowdonia rescue: Climber dies after 100ft fall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cadairmanuk 30 Mar 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Gutting , had an epic myself yesterday. Made me think a lot about the dangers.

Thoughts again with family and his friends.

Ben
 martinph78 30 Mar 2013
In reply to dale1968: Seems like a busy week for the North Wales rescue teams. We had a great day on Thursday but it's easy to see how things can go wrong even with experience and equipment.

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

Lets hope the rest of the weekend is quieter for the MR teams.
 wilkie14c 30 Mar 2013
In reply to dale1968:
A lot of us have mates in wales ATM, I was heading up there Sunday but after reading the conditions reports and the MRT overview on that page I'm not sure conditions are worth the risk. Watching with great interest now until I hear off my mate who'd have been in the kitchen today <I'm praying he'd have escaped the crowds and gone to the ladders instead>
Extremely distressing and saddening news. 2013 has been an extremely cruel year.
 smuffy 30 Mar 2013
In reply to dale1968: Climbing in Clogwyn Du, Cwm Cneifion yesterday and witnessed this event unfold. Without going into detail the media report seems quite inaccurate in a number of ways........whats new there?

A very very sad and shocking event that really puts into perspective how dangerous conditions can be.There is very little consolidation of the snowpack on routes in Cneifion; powder snow with a thin frozen crust in most places. Please be careful out there.

My thoughts and condolences to family and friends.
 Banned User 77 30 Mar 2013
In reply to blanchie14c: Conditions are fine to be out, just pick what sort of activity and area... reading FB the past few days its been dominated by stay at home posts.. yes accidents happen, risk is a big part of being in the mountains and something we enjoy. With experience and gear then there's sure to be things to do, even if its just stunning walks.
 wilkie14c 30 Mar 2013
In reply to IainRUK: thanks Iain, mate has just contacted me and all is well, don't know what route he got done this morning but says he found some good ice. Hinted at western slopes in particular being loaded. I'll catch up on the conditions thread later for the v latest. It could be a superb day to do the horse shoe tomorrow.
In reply to dale1968: There is a rather different slant on things, probably more accurate, stating that it was sadly a walker/mountaineer falling from Senior's Ridge - http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2013/03/30/injured-walker-dies-after-being...

Mr jangles 31 Mar 2013
In reply to dale1968:
Sad day, unfortunate enough to be one of the first on the scene, sadly was a fallen walker.

Thoughts go out to the family.
 Martin W 31 Mar 2013
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
> (In reply to dale1968) There is a rather different slant on things, stating that it was sadly a walker/mountaineer falling from Senior's Ridge

Supported by the report on the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue web site: http://www.ogwen-rescue.org.uk/incidents/incidents.php (incident number 41).

Sincere condolences to family & friends of the deceased.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...