UKC

super smashing great-look what you could have won

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sheffieldchris 12 Dec 2020

The Ticklist #20 Scottish winter season kicks off and hard European ascents

For the older of us who remember Jim Bowen do you not also think this is a very similar sentiment for all those not lucky enough to be locked down tighter than a sardine in an Aldi tin.

Closest most of us DaaaarrrrN (down in Yorkshire) south are going to get to for a while is opening the freezer.

DaveHK 12 Dec 2020
In reply to sheffieldchris:

You're not missing much at this point, it's hardly been stellar conditions.

ebdon 12 Dec 2020

Totally with you on this one, I think there should be a news blackout from north of the border until such time as we can travel again. 

I've realised this year how crap winter actually is when you cant get out.

Rob Parsons 12 Dec 2020

> For the older of us who remember Jim Bowen ...

Jim Bowen - The Nicest Man In The World - was a bit of a hero of mine - until one day I heard him sucking up to the disgraced lying politician Neil Hamilton. Things were never the same after that.

Pity. Never meet your heroes.

Michael Gordon 13 Dec 2020
In reply to ebdon:

> I think there should be a news blackout from north of the border > 

er, Scots do look at UKC as well you know...

ebdon 13 Dec 2020
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Well they shouldn't be! They should all be out getting the winter gnar while the gettings good. (And subsequently keeping it to themselves)

Mike-W-99 13 Dec 2020
In reply to ebdon:

Most of scotland aren't legally able to get there either.

65 13 Dec 2020
In reply to OP & ebdon:

It's also closed off to those of us in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen; near enough for a day trip.

Patagonia, Antarctica, Baffin Island etc are out of reach for most of us at any given time but news of new routes is still interesting and crucially it helps keep the fire burning. Covid will pass.

Post edited at 14:16
 aln 13 Dec 2020
In reply to Mike-W-99:

> Most of scotland aren't legally able to get there either.

Going by the photo gallery there's a few regular posters ignoring the travel restrictions. 

mrphilipoldham 13 Dec 2020

Scots may look, but not post

Michael Gordon 13 Dec 2020
In reply to 65:

> It's also closed off to those of us in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen; near enough for a day trip.> 

Aberdeen is fine surely? Dundee is tier 3.

65 13 Dec 2020

I stand corrected.

aln 13 Dec 2020

> For the older of us who remember Jim Bowen

During the weird netherworld of the 1st Covid lockdown me and ms aln often stayed up late watching TV we'd never usually see. Bullseye reruns became a favourite. It was a weird thing seeing a show that was familiar from our youth, through the lens of today's vision. On one hand the casual sexism of the time made us go, OMG, but laugh, on the other hand... It was kinda gentle TV, Jim seemed so nice, there was nothing nasty or cynical or knowing about any of it. It was fun. And a nest of tables as a prize on a TV game show! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...