UKC

The winter climbing season is now over...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ianto Bach 02 Apr 2013
For me at least. Still good conditions in South Wales, Craig Y Llyn still has plenty to go at. I was there earlier today, blue sky and fat plastic ice.

The reason my winter is over? My trusty 20+ year old Asolo plastic boots decided today was the day to disintegrate. This added some interest.

Still, can't grumble - I've certainly had my share of fun with these boots, and I bought them in a sale.

New boots required for next winter, time to start saving my pennies. on the bright side, I might even improve my footwork!

I
 Chay 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Ianto Bach: Shame that! I had a similar experience with a pair of Koflach plastics...I remember walking down a glacier with a sling tied around my boot!

Old plastics do tend to be prone to disintegration unfortunately

c
 mux 02 Apr 2013
In reply to Ianto Bach: what size are you ?

my winter season is over because I have goosed my ankle ..much more of this "excellent nic " stuff and I might be willing to sell the lot at a very cut down just get it out of my sight kinda price.

OP Ianto Bach 02 Apr 2013
In reply to mux:

Sorry to hear about the ankle, hope no lasting damage done.

The dead boots were a size 7, although I think they were a little bit too big - still, a bargain was a bargain.

I think I'll get my next pair fitted, can't say I'm looking forward to navigating through the B3 sea of boots out there.

I

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...