UKC

Torvaig - Am Bile, Dry Tooling - Skye ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nathan Adam 09 Dec 2012
Anyone climbed here and have any topo's are descriptions on the best approach from Portree ? The grades are pretty much well above my level but i'd like to have a go on some of the easier stuff. Much appreciated !
 Mike Lates 09 Dec 2012
In reply to Nath93: Hi Nathan
Not sure how solid the rock would be under pressure from tools. Not spotted the possibility but I'll have a look next time I'm up.
Hope tomorrow goes well for you.
OP Nathan Adam 10 Dec 2012
In reply to Mike Lates: Hey Mike, Cheers for the heads up ! It's marked up in the Logbooks on here but I don't know how accurate it is ?

Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow, depends on weather and if I can be arsed cycling to Torrin and the start of the Blaven path. If not then I've got somewhere to check out in the mean time. Thanks again for the cramp's, much appreciated !
 Mike Lates 10 Dec 2012
In reply to Nath93: its gonna be great up there. take the bus to slig @ 8am and have faith in hitching back; i'll give you a lift if you really get stuck on your way home.
do the central gully on blaven for a superb grade 1 stomp with no frighteners or NW ridge of BnF as you suggested. GFI Mike
In reply to Mike Lates: Considering the South Ridge on Blaven, although it could be hard hitching back on that road ! I can get the bus back from Slig at 6 so no worries about getting back at night.

I'll see how it goes in the morning but a hill seems on the cards !
 Jamie B 10 Dec 2012
In reply to Nath93:

> Considering the South Ridge on Blaven, although it could be hard hitching back on that road

Not too bad actually. Less traffic tends to equal more sympathy.
In reply to Jamie Bankhead: I can't really complain, last time we ran down the Blaven path and onto the road (in order to get a lift of walkers ahead of us) we were picked up 30 seconds later by the first car that went by !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...