UKC

Trinity climbs Snowdon- anything left for the weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mat cooper 28 Jan 2013
Thinking of heading up this thursday. Beeb and yr forecasts indicate it will have cooled down by the weekend, question is if there will be anything left in the trinity gullies by then? Or has it all gone already?

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Matt
 rockcat 29 Jan 2013
In reply to mat cooper: Did Snowdon via the miners track last Thursday and the snow off the paths was knee deep and powder. The trinity face looked superb. As its high up and north facing I'd find it very difficult to believe that all the snow has gone.

> Thinking of heading up this thursday. Beeb and yr forecasts indicate it will have cooled down by the weekend, question is if there will be anything left in the trinity gullies by then? Or has it all gone already?
>
> Any help much appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Ramblin dave 29 Jan 2013
In reply to mat cooper:

We were up there on sunday and it was melting faster than a very melty thing. Couldn't specifically see Trinity Face but I think you might be out of luck.
 Ally Smith 29 Jan 2013
In reply to rockcat:

We've had +11C temps in Chester with lots of rain, so I wouldn't be surprised if everything had melted
 Dan Lane 29 Jan 2013
In reply to mat cooper:

Most of the snow is gone over here now...there is still little bits in gullies and where it drifted but as others have said, it's melting very fast indeed.

Unfortunately I think we're out of luck for this weekend.
 Webster 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Dan Lane: somebody in the other snowdonia winter thread just posted an aerial photograph of the snowdon horshoe looking very white above about 700m, so i would suggest that conditions on the trinity face could be vety good on saterday...potentially. especially if any of the previous snow survived in the gullies and re froze creating a good base which may well last.
 Simon Caldwell 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Webster:
also in the proper winter thread - that photo wasn't taken yesterday!
 Webster 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Toreador: fair enough, it looked way too good to be true!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...