UKC

Video: Ice Climbing in Rjukan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cragcloud 16 Mar 2018

Hi all

I visited Rjukan in Norway a few weeks ago for some ice climbing, where we did Sabotørfossen (WI5), Tjønstadbergfossen (WI4) and some cragging at Ozzimosis. 

I did a short video about the different routes. Check it out at  youtube.com/watch?v=Jk15aG30qno&. Feedback is very welcome.

tehmarks 16 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

Feedback: you don't need to post two identical threads about it.

Doghouse 16 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

Pretty good, I enjoyed that

OP Cragcloud 17 Mar 2018
In reply to tehmarks:

I posted it in this Winter Climbing and Photography fora. Two different audience. Probably different feedback as well

OP Cragcloud 17 Mar 2018
In reply to Doghouse:

Thank you

Pay Attention 17 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

good video.  Well shot and well edited.

what make are the yellow ice tools ?

mmmhumous 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

Saw this on the FB page last month (gave us a really good overview of the conditions before we headed out) and a great video, out of interest what's with the ice hook at Ozzimosis?

In terms of useful feeback:

-I didn't like the music (while this is part personal preference), the style/pace  didn't seem to fit/suit the video. 

-Drone footage was really good, smooth and well edited (particularly at the start).

-Headcam/Axecam footage was good and not too shaky/in short enough segments for the shakiness to add drama rather than being annoying. 

-Seeing the hidden pitch on Sabotørfossen was nice too

What software are you using?

TheFasting 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

This makes Tjønnstadbergfossen look much more difficult than when I did it yesterday, so I approve

OP Cragcloud 18 Mar 2018

> Saw this on the FB page last month (gave us a really good overview of the conditions before we headed out) and a great video, out of interest what's with the ice hook at Ozzimosis?

> In terms of useful feeback:

> -I didn't like the music (while this is part personal preference), the style/pace  didn't seem to fit/suit the video. 

> -Drone footage was really good, smooth and well edited (particularly at the start).

> -Headcam/Axecam footage was good and not too shaky/in short enough segments for the shakiness to add drama rather than being annoying. 

> -Seeing the hidden pitch on Sabotørfossen was nice too

> What software are you using?

In reply to mmmhumous:

Thank you for the feedback

The ice hook at Ozzimosis was just for the fun of it - it really didn't make any benefit of using it at that particular moment, and with ice screw you will be just fine.

I agree on the head/axe cam shots and I rarely use more than a couple of seconds of action cam footage - even though I get home with at least an hour of material. Usually it is rubbish because of all the shaking and the image stabilizer really can't keep up with it.

I actually just use iMovie, but have been thinking about upgrading to either Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut

OP Cragcloud 18 Mar 2018
In reply to TheFasting:

> This makes Tjønnstadbergfossen look much more difficult than when I did it yesterday, so I approve

Haha, agree! Tjønnstadbergfossen is low WI4 and coming late in the season steps had already been cut out.

OP Cragcloud 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Pay Attention:

> good video.  Well shot and well edited.

> what make are the yellow ice tools ?

The yellow ice tools are the Grivel Tech Machine. They have a super good swing. I really enjoy using them.

high peak 1 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Cragcloud:

I like it - enjoyable watch. Reminiscent of my Feb half term in rjukan.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...