UKC

Wales or Lakes for winter action

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Northern Man 10 Jan 2013
I known the weather will be cold on Sunday BUT where is the most snow pray tell. Please help frustrated of Bolton
 iksander 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Northern Man: Don't think they'll be much at either
OP Northern Man 10 Jan 2013
In reply to iksander: What about mixed option, Is that along shot as well?
 Gael Force 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Northern Man: No, its frosty here now.
 lpretro1 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Northern Man: Just look at the pictures on Weatherline from today - read the reports and the weather forecast and make your own conclusions!!!
In reply to lpretro1: Chill out my friend, of course I have read all your suggested sites before starting the thread. I was only asking if anybody had local knowledge. I think Mr Gruppy needs to get. I understand your frustrations and recognise cabin fever when I see it.
In reply to Northern Man:
Therein lies the million dollar question... I am waiting for the weatherline report on saturday before deciding if and where to set off to!

In the meantime, fingers crossed!

NMM
In reply to Northern Mountain Monkey I am glad to see you have taken the advice from one of the previous posts and are in the process of completing thorough research before embarking on a wasted journey into the wild.
 Exile 11 Jan 2013

I'm usually pretty optimistic but I don't think it will have been cold enough for long enough to freeze much turf here in the Lakes by the weekend. I have been wrong before though!
 paulh.0776 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Northern Man: We're going for a walk over Wetherlam, Coniston OM etc tomorrow (Sat) so I'll let you know what I see.
i think it'll just be cold and frosty though according to the forecast.
 paulh.0776 12 Jan 2013

No real snow (just a dusting) on Coniston OM or Wetherlam today just a very heavy frost, the ground was frozen above about 550m this morning, had chat with 2 guys who had climbed Easy Terrace on Dow Crag, they said it was dry at the bottom then became very slippery further up with verglas near the top.

Views across the lakes were good, Bowfell, Crinklr Crags and the Scafells all had a dusting of snow but the Helvellyn range looked to be clear.

Hope this helps ?
 Simon Caldwell 12 Jan 2013
In reply to paulh.0776:
Looks like more than a dusting on Bowfell and Crinkles?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151349198287458&set=a.10151349...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...