UKC

Where should I go in Scotland next week?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimbingNut 03 Mar 2019

Evening all,

I am heading to Scotland for a week tomorrow with 3 friends and we're looking for some location advice. We have hired a camper van for the week so can head anywhere in the Highlands, but this is only our 3rd trip so we're looking for low grade/classic routes.

I am aware that its effectively summer conditions at the moment, but some snow and lower temperatures have been forecast from now on.

So would mixed routes in the Cairngorms be a good option with no ice or consolidated snow around? - or should we seek out something as high above the freezing level as possible on the Ben?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Post edited at 21:31
 Baron Weasel 04 Mar 2019
In reply to ClimbingNut:

There's a couple of groups on Facebook for ground conditions UK mountain areas and ground conditions in Scottish mountain areas that would be worth joining.

Jim Fraser 09 Mar 2019
In reply to ClimbingNut:

Probably going to snow on high ground every day. Winds will be high much of the time: mainly westerlies but other provenances will appear also. 

- More wintery than in recent weeks

- Poor visibility at times

- Hard going in high winds and new snow

- Scouring and deposition leading to potential avalanche conditions probably on Eastern aspects: keep an eye on SAIS forecasts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...