UKC

Windy.com weather forecasting website.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 15 Aug 2017
Anyone use windy.com for weather forecasting? I was shown out yesterday and was blown away (!) by how good it seems. Having the wind direction and a detailed map should be great for figuring out snow buildup, especially as you can go back in time as well as forwards. Being able to compare different sources of weather data to see where there is uncertainty looks to be really good as well, as does being able to change the height that you are looking at to the crag height. I may have found a successor to met office, yr.no and mwis...
OP jonnie3430 15 Aug 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

The other one I saw was radareu.cz which shows actual rainfall, instead of where it was forecasted. You can see it move across the country and guess if your crag will avoid it.
In reply to jonnie3430:

You can even get detailed weather forecasts for any remote location by entering their coordinates!
 Siward 17 Aug 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:
This site is my current pick for rainfall:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

(best to turn the animation to ON)
Post edited at 07:17
 Luke90 17 Aug 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

It's great, isn't it. Also really useful for planning trips where you're not sure where to go so just want to see which areas are best. Plugging ten different possible destinations into a conventional forecast site is a real faff.

Yr.no used to be my go to but they've seemed less reliable lately. They've stopped showing error bars on the precipitation predictions which makes them much less useful.
 nufkin 17 Aug 2017
In reply to jonnie3430:

> The other one I saw was radareu.cz

Couldn't seem to get that to work. But rain-alarm.com also does a similar job

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...