UKC

Winter Climbing Sweepstake

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 planetmarshall 26 Oct 2018

Something a bit more specific this year:

Number of ascents of Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6) logged on UKC over the weekend. I'm going for 3.

In reply to planetmarshall:

Don't encourage them... 

My guess is 2 - to my surprise someone has already logged it as a winter ascent in September, did I miss that cold snap? :P 

Post edited at 12:02
 subtle 26 Oct 2018

> Something a bit more specific this year:

> Number of ascents of Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6) logged on UKC over the weekend. I'm going for 3.

A fair guess, but I think Pygmy Ridge will have more ascents then Savage Slit

French Erick 26 Oct 2018

we should really pity the poor souls who will have frigthened themselves to death on a crumbly Fingers Ridge (IV 5)!

In reply to French Erick:

> we should really pity the poor souls who will have frigthened themselves to death on a crumbly Fingers Ridge (IV 5)!

I definitely didn't want to encourage anyone to go up there.

Ally Smith 26 Oct 2018

> Number of ascents of Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6) logged on UKC over the weekend. I'm going for 3.

- i'll be more specific again - the first episode of "i've lost my ropes abseiling off Savage Slit" this weekend!

mrbird 26 Oct 2018
In reply to Ally Smith:

"If anyone is kind enough to return them I will give them a beer" from the bridge inn. 

Day 2: "if anyone is kind enough to return them I will give them a beer " posted from bridge inn. 

Day 3: "If anyone is....

Robert Durran 26 Oct 2018
In reply to Ally Smith:

> - i'll be more specific again - the first episode of "i've lost my ropes abseiling off Savage Slit" this weekend!

And I'm looking forward to thinking: "Serves you right for not being arsed to actually finish the route".

> Number of ascents of Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6) logged on UKC over the weekend. I'm going for 3.

Only one so far, I'm appalled. Surely there was a queue?

Lone Rider 29 Oct 2018

Well did a short route at Cha-no with Simon Richardson yesterday which was just in. The crucial bit of turf was frozen.

TobyA 29 Oct 2018

I see that Cneifion Arete (III) and The Gribin Ridge (II) got claimed on Saturday as winter routes. I climbed Crib Lem Spur (Llech Ddu Spur) (Grade-1) on Sunday and the top half had snow on all the ledges but I don't imagine it was more wintery the day before and crampons were unnecessary. There was a bit of rime forming on the rocks on the top Carnedd Llywelyn but that's probably 100 mtrs higher than the top of those routes.

Exile 29 Oct 2018

from the photo the Savage Slit team took it looks a good shout as an early season steal.

DaveHK 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Exile:

> from the photo the Savage Slit team took it looks a good shout as an early season steal.

Non turfy mixed was definitely a goer on Sunday. 

Sophie G. 29 Oct 2018
In reply to DaveHK:

I was on Wyvis today and it was very, very snowy.

mike123 30 Oct 2018
In reply to Sophie G.: Enough to ski ?

profitofdoom 30 Oct 2018

> Something a bit more specific this year: > Number of ascents of Savage Slit (Winter) (V 6) logged on UKC over the weekend. I'm going for 3.

OK so let's talk about next weekend. My guess: 486. What do I win?

Drew52 30 Oct 2018

There are some very good snowed up rock routes in the Northern Corries at the moment. Sounds like a bit of arm chair jealousy......????

In reply to Drew52:

> Sounds like a bit of arm chair jealousy......????

Yes. What of it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...