UKC

Winter ML - Log book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 10 Nov 2019

Hope to do the winter ML training this winter and just  in the process of sorting my log book. 

Does anyone know if it will be ok to just put a rough date for some of my QMD's?  My problem is I am pretty useless at logging things.  I haven't even been logging any summer days since gaining the ML summer award even though I am out multiple days each month, just always ends up as one of those things to do but I never get round to it.

I have lots of winter experience over the last 10 years + from general hill walking days (none QMDs) to those that would qualify as winter QMDs to winter climbing etc.  I am busy flicking through photos and maps remembering QMDs but I can't for the life of me remember the exact dates for some.  

Is it acceptable to put a rough date or do they need the exact date?

I will phone Mountain Training tomorrow if I need to.

Thanks

girlymonkey 10 Nov 2019
In reply to Alan M:

A lot of my dates in logbooks are pretty rough guestimates. I tried to get the year right.

The point of the logbook is to see that you have relevant experience, including recent experience. They don't care if it was a Tuesday or Wednesday. Try to make your guesses as accurate as you can, but I wouldn't worry too much

OP Alan M 10 Nov 2019
In reply to girlymonkey:

> A lot of my dates in logbooks are pretty rough guestimates. I tried to get the year right.

> The point of the logbook is to see that you have relevant experience, including recent experience. They don't care if it was a Tuesday or Wednesday. Try to make your guesses as accurate as you can, but I wouldn't worry too much

Thanks, that makes sense.  I can definitely remember the year and month for most of them.  Because, I haven't been logging anything my plan is to be selective with my days over the past few years to only log the best QMD days.  I haven't got the patience to log them all before training.

Post edited at 21:00
 pass and peak 11 Nov 2019
In reply to Alan M:

If you have digital photo's of the day, or even the next, then the date the photo was taken will be in the photo's properties! That's assuming you have the correct date set on the camera of course, if its on a phone then its automatically set! 

Billhook 11 Nov 2019
In reply to Alan M:

I wouldn't worry too much - after all its not the sort of thing you can really check up on is it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...