UKC

Winter routes in peak

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Swiss Tony 23 Feb 2013
Anyone up for a wander up kinder and / or cloughs on Monday ?
 cragtyke 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Swiss Tony: can't do monday(going to wales) but for info, I went up Wildboar Clough today, it wasn't 100% solid - some running water but was pretty good throughout, I backed off the first step but the main pitch was ok. Had a look at Shining Clough with binos from the road, the main fall hasn't touched down but isn't far off and it looks well iced up above that.
 Mark Morris 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Swiss Tony: I have to say it first.... routes in "peak", peak where? Peak with lower case as well?

At least it's not "peaks". So I'll let that go. Not as bad as "the Beacons", well not quite so bad.
In reply to Mark Morris: Now that IS pedantic.
Mr Swiss Tony, when refering to "The Peak" please give it it's full title of "Peak District National Park" and in NO circumstance refer to it as the peak, the peaks or PDNP. If you do, you shall be flogged by Mark Morris and Al Evans for all eternity.
 cragtyke 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar: Ideally it would be Winter routes in t'Peak!
outdoorsperson 23 Feb 2013
In reply to Swiss Tony: yhm
OP Swiss Tony 24 Feb 2013
In reply to outdoorsperson: Paul I've emailed you to organise tomorrow, sent you my mobile so give me a shout
OP Swiss Tony 25 Feb 2013
Tut tut tut the naysayers were wrong again, did the downfall today, every "route" was in except the direct, had the fall to ourselves all day . Great day out or those that can be bothered to get out of the armchair, instead of slating other posts

And before the elitist brigade start, it wasn't too thin and no we didn't hack it to bits.

The thaw had well and truly started though by 4pm, an early start tomorrow morning may be OK for anyone wanting a go

Oh and final rant, I'm posting this becuase it's what you call a "forum" where you can inform fellow climbers of conditions, not keep it secret like some spoilt kid
 xplorer 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Swiss Tony:

Well said was there sunday all day to ourselves.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...