New for 2018 - Beal GHOST
Ultra-lightweight and comfortable harness for expert climbing and mountaineering. It benefits from the latest Web-Core technology which provides exceptional levels of comfort despite its lightness thanks to optimal pressure distribution on hips and thighs.
- Ultra light and compact thanks to Web-Core technology
- Surprisingly comfortable regarding its lightness
- Auto-adjust system for legs
- Dyneema straps for more resistance to abrasion and less weight
- 2 rigid gear loops on the front
- 2 flexible gear loops on the back for more comfort when carrying a backpack
- 1 rear ring for hauling rope
- 2 loops for attaching ice screw holders
- Weight - 250g (size medium)
In order to distribute pressure on both hips and thighs as evenly as possible during a fall or whilst at a belay, Beal devised a new manufacturing process in order to minimise the effects of impact force.
Web-Core is a broad, yet thin and light piece of webbing which is laser cut to match the harness shape and then is laminated at a high temperature to the interior and exterior of the harness.
The webbing, which is the same size as the comfort parts, assures optimal pressure distribution without any compression zones where the body is in contact with the harness. There are numerous benefits to this innovation: it allows for thinner, compact and lighter weight harnesses whilst increasing comfort.
Web-Core technology is available now and across our SOFT and COMPACT harness range.