Montane’s new Spring / Summer 2016 collection has arrived.
Focusing firmly on clothing and equipment engineered to perform in mountainous environments, whether you’re climbing, trekking or trail running, this collection is unflinchingly lightweight without compromise.
Featuring 18 brand new pack styles across alpine climbing, trekking, expedition and trail running, each design is expertly engineered for specific purposes and optimal performance using innovative construction and clean, minimalist aesthetics.
Fast Alpine 40 - See Review Here
The Fast Alpine 40 is one such new style and is designed specifically with climbing in mind. Developed with Montane’s lead athlete and big wall climber, Andy Kirkpatrick, and thoroughly tested in the field with British mountain guides and outdoor activities, the Fast Alpine 40 is highly technical.
Designed for climbers, by climbers and exuding functionality, the Fast Alpine 40 is aimed at serious mountain climbs and has been developed to carry heavy climbing equipment to the base of a route as well as work perfectly in conjunction with a climbing harness. A tough, tear resistant yet lightweight fabric protects against abrasive rock surfaces. But perhaps most importantly, it delivers comfort on long climbing routes when dynamic climbing manoeuvres are needed.
- Constructed from RAPTOR RS fabric which is tough yet lightweight and features a superb DWR and tear resistance
- RAPTOR UTL tough, lightweight panels for additional abrasion protection against rock surfaces
- Minimalist, lightweight moulded MONTANE® ‘Comfort Climb Back Pad’ features channels that enhance ventilation and wick moisture away from the body
- ‘VertErgo Climb’ lightweight back system provides strength, support and comfort when carrying heavy loads, whilst also providing flex so as to not inhibit body movement. It can also be manipulated to fit the user’s back for a specific tailored fit
- Shoulder straps have been specifically engineered for climbers to allow unrestricted movement when reaching and stretching during climbs
- Chest and hip gear loops on either side for clipping spare hardware essentials whilst on the move
- Removable padded hip belt for weight reduction and to prevent interference with a climbing harness
- Fixed webbing waist belt, with metal ‘quick release’ fastening which remains connected to the pack
- Includes a lightweight removable MONTANE® ‘Alpine Mat’; a versatile custom foldable bivvy mat that provides additional back system padding
- Minimalist technical ice axe attachment points. Tools can be attached in an ‘Alpine safe’ position for increased safety
- Extendable top lid with compression straps for increased height to accommodate a bulky rope
- Front central reinforced horizontal grab handle
- Hydration bladder compatible with internal storage sleeve`