For 2019 Scarpa has released three new women's specific climbing shoes, with an adapted fit that differs to the men's version in a variety of different ways.
Instinct VS WMN - £135
The Instinct VS WMN, subtlety blends the characteristics of the Slipper and Lace-Up versions to create a superb, female specific technical shoe.
This women's version features the same Micro-Suede upper used on the Instinct SR which provides great flexibility and ensures that the shoes hold their shape longer than leather equivalents
The upper is built around the down-turned toe last of the Instinct family ensuring precise toe placements with high levels of feedback. Vibram XS-Grip 2 ensures that your feet will stay planted on the smallest of edges and stiffens up the toe increasing responsiveness. Bi-Tension technology intimately connects the toe and the heel of the boot helping to increase overall performance which is guaranteed to last.
A 2mm, hand-crafted Vibram XS Grip 2 heel combined with velcro straps keep the heel of the shoe firmly secured to your foot even on the most demanding heel-hooks with the new toe rand design providing durable performance on toe-hooks.
Vapour V WMN - £130
The Vapour V WMN is built around the women's specific low volume FRW last, with a slightly asymmetrical, slightly down turned shape and a medium to low angled toe box to strike a balance between confident smearing and refined toe power.
The new microfibre upper and the new tongue marry perfectly with the redesigned Velcro straps for an instantly comfortable fit and secure heel hold. A full length Talyn midsole works with the Bi-tension rand system to offer the optimum level of support. Vibram Grip2 rubber gives optimum friction.
- New heel construction in microfibre reduces weight and dramatically enhances "next to skin" comfort in the Achilles area.
- New heel rand construction provides a more stable and higher friction zone for enhanced performance on more loaded heel hooks.
- Revised toe rand, provides improved comfort and toe hook protection.
- Revised tongue construction is lighter, more breathable and retains its shape and positioning through the additional elastic in the closure.
Arpia WMN - £120
The Arpia WMN is especially designed for women who want to step up to their first high performance shoe.
It combines performance with a high level of comfort provided by a new, medium fit 'FK last', a perfect all-round model that performs in any situation, from indoor walls to multi-pitch climbs. The slightly down turned and moderately asymmetric shape provides great instant comfort and a full length Dynamic 1.4mm Flexan insole. The Wave-Closure-System enables great adjustability and easy access.
- The heel construction adapts well to different foot shapes and is wrapped with Vibram® Grip2 rubber for maximum friction and sensitivity.
- The upper construction combines 3 panels in Microfiber and a bottom panel in suede. Integral lining for special comfort and durability.
- V-Tension active randing system keeps the shape of the shoe over its life. It holds the forefoot in perfect position and supports the toe area while it allows enough flex for smearing.
- Full length Dynamic Flexan 1.4mm, with extension for heel reinforcement.
- Slightly downturned and moderately asymmetric last for a surprisingly relaxed fit. Redefined low volume heel shape. The toe section is designed for a moderate toe curvature
For your chance to win one of the above simply answer the following question: