The Thatcher retails at £60 and is a perfect example of Patagonia Footwear's dedication to the environment as they are vegan friendly and are a part of the SmartStep which indicates that the Outsoles are composed of part recycled rubber. Here's some more technical specifications about the Thatcher -
Description The Thatcher has a collapsible mesh upper that's easy to hang off a harness or stuff into a pack – and it's light, breathable and abrasion-resistant. The durable Vibram® EcoStepÅ outsole (30% recycled) has a sticky toe for technical approaches. An air-cushioned midsole softens the ride; the synthetic-cork footbed (70% recycled) has a carbon component with antimicrobial qualities. Steel-shanked board lasting provides support and stability under a pack.
- Abrasion-resistant mesh uppers with durable nylon eyelets that help to reduce weight and secure the instep.
- Bi-Fit dual-density insole board made from 100% recycled polyethylene/polyurethane provides support and stability underfoot.
- Upper folds into itself to pack with ease and efficiency.
- Air cushion compression-molded midsole made with 15% recycled EVA center that cradles the foot and provides cushioning.
- Board lasted with a steel shank providing support, stability and flex in the correct zones for comfort and performance.
- Poli-CorkÅ footbeds are made with 70% recycled foam with active carbon and cork bits to help combat odor and naturally move moisture.
- Lightweight mesh uppers provide breathability, durability, and increase your ability to move quickly with ease; reinforced climbing rubber toe and external counter offer additional protection and abrasion resistance; versatile outsole configuration offering traction on both street and trail; medium width, full toe box, medium arch/instep.
Patagonia footwear are the proud sponsors of the Keswick Mountain Festival.