BEAL AIR FORCE concept
Beal solution is to offer devices that enable effecient and precise braking to enable fully controlled, dynamic belaying which in turn protects the anchor points, the rope and the climber.
One side features V-shaped grooves, whereas the other side has straight and wider grooves to reduce friction, hereby minimising abrasion damage to the rope when toproping or abseiling.
With the exception of the classic figure 8, Beal belay devices do not add twists to the rope and all feature:
- reduced weight through cut away windows in the devices.
- engraved diagrams showing directions in use.
- individual number for easy PPE management.
The use of a dedicated locking connector with a large, round diameter (12mm) is highly recommended e.g. Beal BE ONE SCREW.
BEAL AIR FORCE ONE
Here we have the AIR FORCE ONE which works with single ropes from 8.5mm to 10.5mm in diameter. It fulfils the needs of beginners using a 'classic' rope as well as advanced climbers using thinner ropes.
The V-groove offers extra friction to improve rope braking while belaying and optimum energy absorption when catching a leader's fall, yet provides enough smothness to pay out slack easily.
The wide, straight groove offers edge-free running of the rope.
- Reduces abrasion to rope.
- Braking force adapts to the rope diameter.
- Individual number.
- Compatible with rope diameters from 8.5mm to 10.5mm.
- available in fuchsia or orange.
- available with colour matching BE ONE SCREW.