12 years in the making, our fully waterproof and breathable Definition Jacket is engineered to cope with whatever you, the mountains, and the weather can throw at it.
The Definition jacket is a fortress, it is designed to face the foulest, wettest, windiest, snowiest, wildest weather. Fully featured and tough as old boots, this is the jacket that will take whatever abuse you want to throw at it, from Scottish winter, alpine climbing to Munro bagging.
Definition is breathable and waterproof. Its face fabric and backer are manufactured from tough nylon for superb durability. Sandwiched between these is a waterproof / breathable PU/PTFE membrane; the result is the best combination of durability and breathability available in heavier weight 3 layer fabric. It is our most durable jacket yet.
Fit for purpose doesn’t just mean waterproof - it has to fit you! Definition is designed to sit over your other layers, its cut is tuned so that it does not ride up to expose your back or tum when you swing your axes above your head. The hood is large enough to fit over a climbing helmet and deflect spindrift from engulfing your core.
The mountains are a changeable environment and you are not always going to want to be locked down. Definition can be adapted as conditions change or your work rate varies. We have used Cohaesive™ cordlock adjusters where they improve function, inverted vent zips for quick climate control - the vent position also means you can access the pockets on your inner layers without undoing the jacket.
We know you are going to be wearing a rucksack a lot of the time so we have designed the placement of the pocket and vent zips to stay clear of your shoulder straps and hip belt, or climbing harness.
Fast hood adjustment, wired peak, chest pockets, draft excluders, pit zips for ventilation, internal storm flaps, YKK AquaGuard zips all contribute to the full package.
Definition is destined to become a faithful companion on your epic adventures for years to come.
- Helmet compatible hood with wired peak, embedded Cohaesive™ front adjusters and easy-grab rear adjuster
- 2-way opening YKK Vislon AquaGuard® front zip
- Internal storm flap with bottom snap and chin guard
- 2 map sized hand pockets (positioned above harness/ waist belt) with YKK AquaGuard® zips
- 1 external chest pocket with YKK AquaGuard® zip
- 2 core body venting YKK AquaGuard® zips, inverted for ease of use
- Gusseted cuffs with anti-snag Velcro adjustment
- Embedded Cohaesive™ hem adjusters, accessible from inside hand pockets or at the hem
- 1 internal YKK zipped chest pocket
- 145 gsm 3 layer fabric
- Face: 40 D x 90 D Nylon
- Backer: 20 D Nylon tricot
- Bi-component PU/PTFE membrane
- 20d nylon tricot
- Hydrostatic head: 30,000 mm
- MVTR: 20,000 g/sqm/24hrs
- 100% windproof
- PFOA Free C6 DWR
- YKK Aquaguard zips
- Weight (g): S: 485, M: 490, L: 530, XL: 550 , XXL: 580
- Origin: China
For more informaiton visit Alpkit.com