Tasermiut Fjord, Greenland: driving rain, mammoth mosquitoes and sweeping, awesome, perfect granite walls. In any place that's potentially drenching, our premier, 3-layer waterproof/breathable technical 100% nylon shell with Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) delivers full stretch-woven mobility and durability, near-soft-shell breathability and a surprisingly supple hand. It's also compressible and made with our stitch-free construction, reinforced with exceptionally flexible tape (patent pending) to reduce weight and to keep seams dryer. Details include: an easy-gliding, extremely water-resistant center-front zipper; two internal mesh drop-in pockets and three secure external pockets with zipper garages; pit zips; a roll-down, 3-way-adjustable (and helmet-compatible) hood; and low-profile self-fabric cuff tabs.
Our premium, full-stretch waterproof alpine jacket is our most breathable hard shell. This garment has a Slim Fit
- Waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish, 3-layer stretch-woven shell has incredibly soft hand
- 3-layer fabric reinforcements over shoulders and down sleeves
- Stitch-free construction reinforced with exceptionally flexible tape (patent pending) reduces weight, keeps seams drier and reduces abrasion that can compromise fabric performance
- Helmet-compatible, roll-down, 3-way-adjustable hood
- Easy-to-use, extremely water-resistant Ri Ri center-front zipper
- External pockets: two handwarmers, one chest; all have highly water-resistant, coated zippers with garages
- Internal pockets: two drop-in; water-resistant, coated pit zippers; low-profile, laminated, self-fabric cuff tabs; hem drawcord routed through hand pockets
- Shell: 3-layer, 4.2-oz 50-denier 100% stretch-woven nylon with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Reinforcements: 5.1-oz 80-denier stretch-woven nylon with an H2No barrier and Deluge DWR finish
- 556 g (19.6 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
3-layer H2No® fabrics are waterproof and breathable by virtue of an advanced combination of elements: a water-repellent shell fabric, a waterproof barrier and an interior scrim fabric. This fabric package is completely waterproof, windproof, breathable and very durable.
Read some reviews at: www.patagonia.com
5 of 5 stars
"I absolutely LOVE this shell. I've had it 2 months now and wear it all the time. It's lightweight, simple and very functional. Nice fitted cut and unrestricted movement. Longer sleeves to keep wrists dry when reaching high for that axe placement. Been in the Scottish highlands for a few weeks of freezing rain and wind and kept me totally dry. Zippers perfectly placed and easy to open. Color even goes well with Jeans or black ski pants. Hood especially functional and keeps the neck warm. Wrinkles a bit if you stuff it, but better if you fold and roll it."
UK stockists. Find one here: www.patagonia.com
|£300.00. Phone us on 015395 28528 or call by our store in Ambleside to get yours|
See this product at the The Epicentre shop
Patagonia VIDEO: Matt Helliker and Jon Bracey's Meltdown Lecture
Matt Helliker and Jon Bracey, two of the U.K.'s hottest alpinists, present The Meltdown Lecture Series.
From November 22nd to December 4th, they will travel across the U.K, starting at the Kendal Mountain Festival. The two Patagonia ambassadors will tell the public about their search for new routes in the Ruth Gorge, Alaska, where they went in May.
During two weeks, they had exceptionally stable weather combined with some good ephemeral ice conditions. Perfect to open two great new routes:
The Meltdown: ED3, V, M6 R, 1300m. 12 hours climbing time and 20 hours camp to camp.
For whom the bell tolls: ED2, V, grade 6 ice and mixed, 1150m. 10 hours climbing and 17 hours camp to camp.
Now, Matt and Jon have a strong experience to share: two news routes, alpine style, committed and exposed, six months planning, a lifetimes' training, leave no footprint... Great pictures, movies and stories about their adventure will give the opportunity to everyone to experience opening a new climbing route... just like if you were there!
- Kendal Mountain Festival – Nov. 22nd
- London – West Reservoir Centre (near to Castle Climbing Centre) – Nov. 25th
- Shrewsbury - The Gateway Arts Centre - Nov. 26th
- Oxford - Town Hall - Nov. 27th
- Bristol - The Climbing Academy - Nov. 28th
- Manchester - Manchester Climbing Centre - Dec. 1st
- Sheffield - Sheffield Hallam University - Dec. 2nd
- Leeds - Leeds University - Dec. 3rd
- Edinburgh – Ratho - Dec. 4th